Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 - I Love Your Flavor

Wow! Do you know what this is? Let me tell you about these fine little items. They are fresh Water Chestnuts! I've never seen them in their raw form before. Tomorrow I'm making dinner for FHE and I found a recipe in my latest PARENTS magazine that I am trying out. I'm really excited... I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow. Anyway... the recipe calls for water chestnuts. I couldn't find any at Smiths the other day, so since I had to make a stop at Whole Foods for some Gluten Free items, I thought I'd try. When I asked an employee where I could find some, he asked if I wanted fresh or canned... I said, I don't know, but if I get canned, I don't have to have as many (you know, waste not want not). He told me that the fresh one's have to be peeled, then he walked me over to where they were located, peeled one and gave it to me: AMAZING! They are crisp of course, but they are so sweet and creamy. They taste a lot like Coconut... I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment