Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 End of Year Thoughts

It has been really amazing to do this blog throughout the year. When I first started this project, I was a little intimidated by the task of taking a picture every day. I wondered if I would be able to finish this project. A few months in, I had a day where I forgot to take a picture. It really bothered me, but as the year has gone by and other days have been missed, I decided to not worry about it. I felt I was still trying my best to stay true to the idea of the goal. My husband really encouraged me all year long... part of that was to help me to be successful, but I think it was mostly because he wanted to know what was going on in our lives since he is currently living across the country.

I have found this project so rewarding. It has been a really great glimpse of what has taken place in our lives, and not just the spectacular and special, but the routine and mundane as well. It's real life, it's our life, and it's amazing! This month, I'll be working on creating a book out of the posts and photos in this blog. I've been really looking forward to putting this together and having all the photos in an album for our home... it will be like a family yearbook. How cool is that?!

Because this was such an amazing experience, I have chosen to continue in 2011 with some changes that I will tell you about in the next post. Thanks to all of you who have shared our memories with us in 2010 and I hope you will look forward to sharing 2011 with us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment